We took our show on the road and held our 9/25 adoption event at the Wheaton PetSmart. Although we were at the back of the store, we got some good foot traffic from folks shopping in the cat section and the pre-approved adopters all found us. It was convenient to be near the meet-n-greet rooms.
14 kittens (Emma, ChaCha, Dumpling, Dublin, Claire, Chloe, Felix, Fernando, Fettucine, Jasper, Brussels & Mario, Deacon & Opus) were the stars of our show. Everyone did very well and enjoyed lots of interaction from our volunteers and guests.
Three pre-approved families attended the event, which resulted in the adoption of 4 kittens.
- After meeting several kittens and much deliberation, Deacon & Opus were the choice of a gal in Hanover Park. They will be her first fur children on her own.
- Fernando was preselected by a couple in Warrenville. They met him at the event and that sealed the deal. Fernando will have an 11 mo old male kitten as a companion.
- Dumpling was selected by a family in Naperville. She will have a 7 yr old male cat to keep her company.
We also received 2 applications at the event which resulted in the adoption of a pair of kittens following the event.
- ChaCha & Dublin won the heart of a family in Warrenville. They have a senior dog & cat and wanted to start a next generation of pets in their family.
In addition to these adoptions from the event, 4 kittens were adopted in the days immediately following the event, and 2 adult cats and 12 kittens were adopted in the 2 weeks since our last adoption event.
- Trifle & Trixie - Adopted by a couple in Naperville who recently lost their two senior cats.
- Jasper - Adopted by a gal in Chicago who lost her beloved Russian Blue mix boy late last year.
- Wella - Adopted by a work-from-home gal in Downers Grove. She lives with her parents, so Wella will get lots of attention.
- Thistle - Adopted by a couple in Lombard. Thistle will be the focus of this stay-at-home gal.
- Weber - Adopted by a couple in Glen Ellyn as a companion for their 6 mo old male kitten. They also have a 10 yr old female cat who will enjoy just being able to watch the action!
- Cleo - Adopted by a family in Schiller Park. They adopted another girl kitten from us in 2018 and were looking for a companion for her & them.
- Tristan - Adopted by a gal in Villa Park who has a 4 yr old male cat who just lost his cat buddy.
- Eureka - Adopted by a gal in Naperville who has a 7 mo old female Ragdoll to be Eureka's companion.
- Felina - Adopted by a young man in Lisle who recently lost his last cat companion.
- Marina & Marzipan - Adopted by a couple in Pewaukee, WI whose adult daughter moved out with their cat.
- Kastle - Adopted by a family in Bolingbrook. They have a 9 yr old male cat and 5 yr old female cat to keep him company and show him the ropes.
- Eloise - Adopted by a couple in Downers Grove. Eloise will have a 2 yr old male cat as a buddy.
- Marcus & Lana - Adopted by a gal and her adult son in Joliet. Her daughter had recently moved out with their prior cat.
- Kyle & Kevin - Adopted by a couple in Westmont. They lost their senior cat late last year.
We closed out the month of September with 38 adoptions, up from 27 in August. It is wonderful to see all of these kittens and cats, whom our foster families have carefully nurtured, transition into loving homes.
Many thanks to the foster families who brought their kittens and cats to the 9/25 event (Agnes, Ari, Bonnie, Jeff, Mirian, Rachel/Sephie, Richard/David). Special thanks to the majority of these fosters who were also able to stay during the event to interact with our guests and reassure their fosters.
Many more thanks to the volunteers who made this event possible. Arielle & her husband for helping load up the van with all of the equipment on Friday night. Sara, Steve & Candy - for the efficient set-up, clean-up and unloading of the van at the building on Saturday. We were a little rusty having not been on the road in a while, but worked our way through it well. Sara, Candy & Trista - for the great job with adoption counseling and interacting with our guests. Candy - for the excellent photography and videography during the event and coordinating the lunch run. Steve - for supplying the professional-looking cage cards. Sara - for helping with the laundry.
We have two adoption events planned in October in our building. Then we will be back to the Wheaton PetSmart in November for another National Adoption Week. Below are the logistics. Please mark your calendars!
Saturday, 10/9, 11am-3pm, 330 Eisenhower Lane North, Lombard
Saturday, 10/23, 11am-3pm, 330 Eisenhower Lane North, Lombard
Saturday, 11/13, 11am-3pm, PetSmart, 63 Rice Lake Square, Wheaton - PetSmart National Adoption Week