It was a record setting day at our adoption event on Saturday, 12/14, at the Pet Supplies Plus in Naperville! We brought 22 kittens to the event and 11 of them were adopted by pre-approved adopters!! 2 more have since been adopted by a pre-approved adopter who met them at the event, and a follow-up visit is scheduled for 1 more kitten next Sunday. Needless to say, it was a hectic, but fun and exciting event!
22 adorable and sweet kittens were the stars of our show - Latham, Laces, MayDay, Mayo, Oyster, Feather, Fluff, Nickel, Marbles, Mariott, Maggie, Maisie, Brodie, Brandy, Casey, Campbell, Cachet, Ginger, Simba, Ruben, Ruby, Rusty.
7 kittens went home directly from the event:
- Casey & Campbell, our highly sought after Russian Blue mix brothers, were adopted by a wonderful family from Frankfort. They had a Russian Blue mix boy who passed in September at age 20.
- Oyster found a wonderful home with gal and her mom from Berwyn. She will be their only pet, but mom is home during the day to keep her company.
- Brandy & Brodie were the pick of a nice couple from Roselle. There was some concern following the event about allergies of an additional family member, but they have fallen in love with the kittens and intend to work through it.
- Nickel & Feather won the heart of a terrific couple from Hanover Park. Their last kitty had passed in early December and they needed to fill the void.
Paperwork was completed at the event for 4 additional kittens who have or are about to go to their new homes:
- Ginger & Simba are settling into their new home in Winfield with a wonderful gal who will give them the time they need to adjust. She picked them up on Sunday.
- Marbles & Mariott were the pick of a great young couple who just purchased a new home in Glendale Heights. They will be the couple's first fur children. Send home is pending their move in and Mariott's resolution of a bit of a bug he came down with after the event.
Follow-up visits were scheduled with 3 additional kittens, 2 of whom have been adopted since the event:
- Maisie & Maggie won the heart of a nice dad and his son from Maple Park. They were referred to us by a prior adopter who is very happy with her kittens. The kittens went to their new home on Tuesday.
- Cadbury's debonair good looks and bio captivated a gal and her mom from Chicago. Unfortunately, Cadbury could not make it to the event, so a follow-up visit is scheduled for next Sunday in his foster home.
It was wonderful to see so many of these kittens adopted in pairs. We hope all of these kittens enjoy their new homes for the holidays!
Many thanks to Pet Supplies Plus for hosting this event, for the adopter gift bags, and the food and supply donations to Feral Fixers.
Adoptions outside of events have also continued at a steady pace. 7 kittens (Mario & Marky, Raven, CalliLulu, Roscoe, Fedora, Captain) were adopted from their foster homes in the three weeks since our last event. There are also some additional visits lined up for approved adopters later this week.
Many thanks to the volunteers and fosters who made this event a success - Sara, Steve, Candy, Diane, Karen L, Erika, Dina, Judy & Vince, Marlene, Lili and Amanda. It was a very busy day and everyone at the event did a great job of interacting with our guests and helping with the meetings of potential adopters and kittens. Thanks to Sara for authoring all of the adoption paperwork and to Candy and Sara for being my partners in adoption counseling. Couldn't have done it without all of you! Thanks also to Diane for transporting Amanda's fosters to/from the event.
Many thanks for all of the other valuable contributions to this event - to Candy for the photography & videography during the event; to Connie, Stephanie and Ted for promoting the event on our Facebook page and web site; to Steve for the professional looking cage cards and the impressive new Feral Fixers banner stand; to Debbie and Mike for the on-going updates to the Adoptable Cats & Kittens board and binder; to Sara for helping with the laundry; to Candy for washing the bowls; to Candy for coordinating our lunch run.
We are targeting Saturday, 1/11, or Sunday, 1/12, for our first event in the new year, likely at the Wheaton PetSmart. Stay tuned for details. During the holidays, adoptions will be handled from our foster homes.
Have a wonderful holiday and see you in the New Year!