Our kittens drew the crowds at our adoption event on Saturday, 11/23, at the PetSmart in Downers Grove! It was a very busy and productive day.
24 kittens (Latham, Laces, Puka Shell, Triton, Camembert, Cameo, Oyster, Fedora, Feather, Mercury, Maggie, Mario, Maisie, Marky, Jimbo, Jodi, Sylvester, Brodie, Brandy, Roscoe, Salty, Kiki, Corazon, Callilulu) were the stars of our show.
5 pre-approved (or almost pre-approved) adopters came to the event, resulting in 2 adoptions at the event and 1 on Monday. The other 2 families are still evaluating options to find the best match.
- Triton was adopted by a wonderful couple in Big Rock. They previously adopted Baxter & Breezy. They also have a horse barn on their property which has become the home for several of our cats best suited for barn relocation.
- Jimbo was a great match for a terrific family in Plainfield. They had adopted a female cat from us in 2015, and were looking for another kitten to join their family as a playmate for their daughters. They brought their dog in for a meeting and Jimbo and the dog seemed to think it was a match as well!
- Sylvester was the choice of a nice couple from Bensenville. Their approval was pending a vet visit for their current cat. Their vet visit was completed on Monday and they took Sylvester home that same day!
7 adoption applications were also completed at the event, which have resulted in 1 adoption completed to date and 4 additional adoptions likely.
- Jodi won the heart of a terrific gal from Lisle. She was looking for her first kitty companion, and Jodi seemed to be the perfect match to be the focus of her pampering! Her application was approved and she took Jodi home on Monday. Her aunt and uncle are Feral Fixers supporters and had referred her to us.
- Cameo was the choice of a wonderful gal from Itasca She had recently lost a kitten she rescued, and is looking for a new companion. Her application was approved and she went for an initial meeting with Cameo on Monday. There is a waiting period due to the unfortunate passing of her prior kitten, so a subsequent visit is planned next week.
- Frieda seemed to be a good match for a couple in Oak Brook. They were looking for an affectionate adult cat who would be fine home only during their long work days in the hospital. They met Frieda in her foster home on Tuesday and she captured their heart. Final approval of their application is in process.
- Brodie & Brandy, Ginger & Simba and Maisie & Marky are all under consideration by a very nice man from Lombard who is looking for his first pair of kitten companions. His application was approved and foster home visits are being scheduled.
So, all in all, a very busy and productive day! Many thanks to the Downers Grove PetSmart for hosting this event!
Adoptions have also remained strong outside of adoption events. 1 senior cat (Wendee) and 2 adult cats (Galleria & Faustino - adopted together) along with 12 kittens, many in pairs (Caraway, Boo & Brahm, Marilee, Knnicka & Kimmie, Juniper & Jimmy Choo, Sarafina & Savannah, Brinkly & Bridget) were adopted from their foster homes in the two weeks since our last event. We have started out this week positively as well with the adoption of Camembert, in addition to the adoptions resulting from the event. There are also some additional visits lined up for approved adopters later this week in addition to those pending from the event. So lots to celebrate!
Many thanks to the volunteers and fosters who made this event a success - Sara, Steve, Candy, Erin, Diane, Karen L, Zenny, Erika, Laura B, Dina, Jeff, Judy & Vince, Lili & Alan and Amanda. We had a big set-up with 11 cages, but thanks to an efficient team (Sara, Candy, Steve, Erin) set-up and clean-up went smoothly. It was a very busy day and everyone at the event (Sara, Candy, Steve, Diane, Karen L, Erika, Zenny, Laura B, Dina, Jeff, Judy & Vince) did a great job of interacting with our guests and helping with the meetings of potential adopters and kittens. Thanks so much - couldn't have done it without you! Thanks to Sara for authoring all of the adoption paperwork. Also, thanks to Diane for transporting Amanda's fosters to/from the event.
Thanks also for all of the other valuable contributions to this event - to Candy for the photography & videography during the event; to Connie, Stephanie and Ted for promoting the event on our Facebook page and web site; to Steve for the professional looking cage cards; to Debbie and Mike for the on-going updates to the Adoptable Cats & Kittens board and binder; to Steve for entering our adoptions into the PetSmart iPad; to Sara for helping with the laundry; to Candy for washing the bowls; to Sara/Steve for coordinating our lunch run.
We have 1 more adoption event scheduled before the end of the year. Thanks to Steve for arranging it.
- Saturday, 12/14, Pet Supplies Plus at 720 E. Ogden Ave. in Naperville, from 11am-3pm.
We are targeting Saturday, 1/11, for our first event in the new year. Stay tuned for the location. During the holidays, adoptions will be handled from our foster homes.