We had a busy and successful adoption event on Saturday, 9/2, at the Pet Supplies Plus on Ogden in Naperville. 22 kittens (Sundance, Misty, Vernon, Aeon, Plexi, Plink, Poo-Bah, Lando, Laurianna, Larissa, Opal, Otis, Orson, Petar, Cicero, Toby, Tinker, Tipper, Tugger, Trixie, Aviva, Baby Ruth) and 1 wonderful adult (Million) were the stars of our show. Everyone was very well-behaved and enjoyed engaging with our guests. Baby Ruth was especially playful and amusing.
4 kittens were adopted by pre-approved adopters at the event:
- Toby went home with a nice man from South Elgin, who has a 9 yr old female cat and 1 yr old male cat. Toby will be a playmate for the 1 yr old.
- Sundance & Misty went home together with a wonderful family from Downers Grove. They renovated a room in their home specifically for their new kitty companions. We have already received photos and an update that the girls are settling in nicely.
- Laurianna went home with a nice couple from Bloomingdale. They have an 8 mo old female kitten and were looking for a companion for her as well as a snuggle buddy for them. Laurianna should be a great match on both accounts.
Two other potential adopters, whose applications are under review, stopped by to meet our kitties. Petar drew the attention of both of these families, although one is also interested in Disney. We also received two new applications - one for Baby Ruth and another for Orson & Otis. Follow-up is underway. Several cards and applications were also distributed.
Pet Supplies Plus was again very welcoming and generous to us, providing gift bags to our adopters and donations to our organization. Thanks Pet Supplies Plus!
In addition to these adoptions at the event, 5 kittens (Laylani, Rudi, Tia, AJ & TJ) and our wonderful FIV+ boy Clayton were adopted since our last event on 8/19 - yeah!!
Many thanks to the great team of volunteers and fosters who made this event a success (Candy, Lauren, Debbie, Jill, Laurel, Jillian, Karen, Mary, Mark, Cheri, Diane and Erika). We owe the success at these events to you! Your engagement with our guests and promoting of your fosters is key in getting our kitties adopted.
Special thanks to Candy for being a "jack of all trades" and handling our photography and videography as well as helping with set-up, clean-up and hosting visits by potential adopters with our kitties. Thanks to Lauren, Debbie and Jill for your help with set-up and clean-up as well as engaging with our guests. Thanks to Laurel for helping to expedite our set-up - a time when I am most frantic. Thanks to Diane for transporting Sundance & Misty to the event.
Thanks also to the "behind the scenes" team - Connie & Ted for promoting the event on Facebook & our web site. Debbie for updating our Adoptable Cats & Kittens board, and Mike for updating our Adoptable Cats & Kittens binder. Lauren for creating cute and engaging cage cards for our cats & kittens - this is the first impression many folks receive of our kitties, so it is most helpful. Debbie for handling the laundry.
It is everyone's efforts that makes these events possible - thank you!
We have 3 adoption events coming up in the next month. Your participation and support will be greatly appreciated.
- Saturday, 9/16, PetSmart at 63 Rice Lake Square in Wheaton, 11am-3pm - PetSmart National Adoption Weekend
- Saturday, 9/30, Two Bostons at 2523 W. 75th St. in Naperville, 12noon-3pm - this is an outdoor event
- Saturday, 10/7, Pet Supplies Plus at 198 W North Ave. in Villa Park, 11am-3pm - Pet Supplies Plus National Adoption Weekend