Feral Fixers Adoption Coordinator Sue holding the just-adopted Dannon!
It was a busy and successful day at our adoption event on Saturday, 12/3, at the PetSmart at 63 Rice Lake Square in Wheaton. 3 kittens were adopted during the event. An approved adopter is interested in adopting 2, but still deciding on which kittens or cats. Applications were completed for another 6 cats & kittens.
The kittens who were adopted during the event include:
- Dannon, who was adopted by a terrific family from Lemont. They are in-laws of the family who adopted Rueland. I'm sure the two families will be comparing notes on their kitties.
- Benny, who was adopted by a great couple from Naperville. They will be picking him up next weekend. He will have a 12 yr old male cat as a companion. The couple is also considering another kitten as a companion for Benny, and may come back to us in the future for that kitten.
- Saki was adopted by a wonderful lady from Chicago. She has had dogs in the past, but Saki will be her first kitty. She was happy to learn all about kitten care.
Four families completed applications for 6 cats & kittens during the event. Follow-up will happen early next week.
- Starling won the heart of a family from Wheaton.
- O'Rosie and Knox were the pick of a family from Joliet.
- A family from Montgomery fell in love with Rose Marie Di and Crown the Lady.
- A young couple from Lisle are interested in Dory or Schnapps.
Daisy Troop #55444
We also had the pleasure of being visited by 12 Kindergarten - 1st grade girls and their families from Daisy Troop #55444 out of Elmhurst. Many thanks to the girls and their families for the generous donations of food, litter and supplies that they provided. Special thanks to the troop leaders, Angie Russo and Emily Martoletta, for organizing this terrific service project for the troop. We hope the girls and their families enjoyed petting and interacting with our cats & kittens and may even consider adopting some.
Many thanks to the 23 kittens (Al Bing, Crown the Lady, Kuma, Rose Marie Di, Willard, Kevin, Disney, Harry, Hastings, Dannon, Schnapps, Scrumptious, Barbaro, Donnerail, Benny, Saki, Casino, O'Rosie, Knox, Trudy, Bloom, Starling, Gatsby) and 2 adult cats (Dory, Mikey) who were the stars of the show. They did a great job of handling all of the activity and interaction!
Even more thanks to the volunteers and fosters who made the event a success! Thanks to Sara, Christine, Lauren, Laurel, Debbie and Candy for all of your help in so many ways in, including set-up, clean-up and execution of the event. Sara - thank you for a terrific job, as always, with the adoption counseling and adoption contracts. Lauren - thanks again for ensuring that all of our cats & kittens have cute & current cage cards - I think the descriptions really help promote the kitties with our visitors. Debbie, thanks for transporting Judy's & Tammy's cats & kittens to the event. Christine, Lauren, Laurel and Debbie - thanks so much for all of your help promoting our cats & kittens and bringing in the adopters. Special thanks to Sara, Lauren and Christine for taking the lead on putting together gift bags for our Daisy Troop visitors and their leader. Angie sends her thanks!
Thanks to the fosters who brought their kittens to the event and stayed as much as they could to promote their kittens during the event, specifically Audra, Jillian, Karen, Diane, Marilyn, Nikki, Jan and Soni. Your participation is key to a successful event!
Thanks much to Candy for handling the photography and videography during this activity-filled event - your school teacher skills were especially valuable in handling the Daisy Troop! Thanks also to Connie and Ted for doing a great job of promoting the event, to Mike for sending the updates to the Adoptable Cats & Kittens binder, to Christine for printing out the updates and entering them in the binder, and to Debbie for updating the Adoptable Cats & Kittens board. Lauren - thanks for bring the new stash of Comfort for Critters blankets for our adopters - glad we started to make a dent in distributing them! Thanks also to Sara and Christine for handling the laundry for the event.
We have one more adoption event this year on Saturday, 12/17, at the PetSmart at 63 Rice Lake Square in Wheaton, 11am-3pm. Hope to see you there!