On Saturday, June 27th, Feral Fixers held another in its series of Adoption Events, this one at the PetSmart store in Rice Lake Square in Wheaton. Feral Fixers Board Member and Adoption Coordinator Sue gives us the details:
What a beautiful day for an adoption event at PetSmart today, Saturday, 6/27! We had 18 wonderful cats and kittens in attendance:
- Eagle, Freedom and Mojo - adorable 4 month old boys, who were front & center, and caught a lot of folks' attention
- Bootsie & Tigger - sweet & petite 3 month old sisters, who will be added to our PetFinder page shortly
- Willa (our sweet, social & highly active 11 mo old mom) and her 3 mo old son Addison
- Freddie - our mascot from the Shred 4 Rescues event last weekend - he was a social as ever, greeting all of the visitors
- Winthrop - a sweet guy with a cute stub tail, who was not sure that hanging out in a cage was the best way to spend his Saturday
- Harley - our striking gray tuxedo kitten who shows is playful nature best in his foster home
- Lucas - our handsome buff boy who likes his belly rubs
- Jackie - a pretty little white & black girl who curled up in her pink bed when she was not greeting visitors
- Castle - our gorgeous black long hair male whose eyes captured a potential adopter
- Storm - a handsome black boy who was beginning to enjoy meeting new people at this, his second, PetSmart event
- Zeke & Zeva - who handled their first PetSmart event pretty well
- Biju & Victor - 2 wonderfully loving young males who best show their true personality in their foster home
While the day started out a bit slow in terms of visitors, things picked up in the afternoon, and we took in applications from folks interested in Freddie, Winthrop or Willa and Castle. There were also potential adopters interested in Mojo and Freddie whom Sue will follow up with. Hopefully some of these contacts will result in forever homes for these great cats & kittens!
The afternoon ended with a foster from West Suburban Humane Society (WSHS) stopping by with some of the former Feral Fixers kittens that have been transferred to WSHS that she is fostering. They were not old enough to have their surgery and be available for adoption, but they were certainly available for lots of cuddling.
Many thanks to the volunteers who helped with this event - Joanna, Toni, Lauren, Arlene, Debbie and Bethany! Many thanks also to the fosters who brought or arranged to bring their fosters - Monica, Julie & Vy, Cheri, Kim, Michelle, Joanna, Debbie & Bethany!
Thanks also to Joanna for taking photos at the event, Connie for doing a great job of posting the event (despite the limited info she was given), and to Tammy for stopping by show her support.
Thank you Sue!