Just a quick reminder that today, August 17th, is Black Cat Appreciation Day! From the ASPCA website link about this day:
"At the ASPCA, we LOVE black kitties—but the sad truth is that not everyone feels the same way. Due to outdated (and incorrect) myths and superstitions, black cats have a really hard time getting adopted. That’s why we were so glad to learn that this Sunday, August 17, is Black Cat Appreciation Day!
To celebrate this holiday, we put together just a few of the many reasons we appreciate these raven-coated kitties:
- Black cats go with everything—and they’ll never go out of style!
- You can tell your kids you adopted a miniature panther.
- Their fur won’t show on your little black dress.
- In most cultures, black cats are a sign of good luck.
- Black cats are just as loving, sweet and wonderful as any other cat!
We hope you will join us in celebrating Black Cat Appreciation Day by heading to your local shelter and bringing home a black cat this weekend."
Feral Fixers also has several loving (and lovely!) black kitties looking for their forever homes - check out our PetFinder page to see them and all of our cats and kittens up for adoption.