It was a calm and rather quiet day at the Pet Supplies Plus in Naperville for our adoption event on Saturday, 2/15, but a successful day as well.
3 wonderful kittens (MayDay, Mayo, Grand), 3 teenagers (Brass, Fluff, Ocean), and 3 adults (Corazon, Frankie, Oreo) were the stars of our show. Everyone handled the situation well and did a nice job of interacting with our guests. Fluff even got so comfortable that she enjoyed belly rubs from Sara!
1 pre-approved adopter attended the event - a very nice family from Plainfield. They have an 11 yr old male cat and recently lost his brother, so were looking for a new companion for him. They visited MayDay & Mayo as well as Fluff, and decided that MayDay and Mayo were the match for them. Their college age children will have a great time play with them. They took MayDay and Mayo home with them on Saturday.
We were also visited by several other potential adopters and folks interested in TNR help in the spring. It was a good day. Thanks much to Pet Supplies Plus for hosting this event and for the donations collected in our bin!
Two more pairs of kittens were adopted from their foster homes the morning of the adoption event:
- Edgar & Raven were adopted by a great couple from Westmont, who had previously lost their two senior cats.
- Kelly & Solome were adopted by a very nice gal and her two school age daughters in St. Charles, who had similarly lost their 2 senior cats.
Two more kittens and 1 adult cat were also adopted in the 2 weeks since our last event:
- Felecia was adopted by a great couple in Addison. They had a small dog who passed recently, but also had prior cat experience.
- Knick Knack was adopted by a terrific couple in Bloomingdale who had recently lost their prior cat.
- Farrah was adopted by a nice gal in Aurora. Farrah will be her first kitty, and she spent lots of time researching and collecting the proper supplies. Farrah will be delighted to be the focus of her attention.
Thanks to the volunteers and fosters who made this event a success - Sara, Steve, Steve's daughter Michelle, Michelle K, Diane, Cheri, Laura and Amanda. Set-up and clean-up went very smoothly and efficiently, and there was good camaraderie among our team and the guests who came to visit our kitties and talk with us. Thanks also to Diane for transporting Amanda's fosters to/from the event.
Many thanks for all of the other valuable contributions to this event - to Sara for the photography & videography during the event; to Connie, Stephanie and Ted for promoting the event and our cats & kittens on our Facebook page and web site; to Steve for the professional looking cage cards; to Debbie and Mike for the on-going updates to the Adoptable Cats & Kittens board and binder; to Sara for printing out the Adoptable Cats & Kittens binder updates and helping with the laundry; to Candy for washing the bowls. Special thanks to Steve for coordinating our lunch run and donating the funds to Feral Fixers.
We have 1 more adoption event scheduled in February and a tentative date for our next March event:
- Saturday, 2/29 - PetSmart at 63 Rice Lake Square in Wheaton, from 11am-3pm - this is PetSmart National Adoption Weekend
- Saturday, 3/21, 11am-3pm - venue TBD
Hope to see you there!