2010 was filled with many firsts, among those firsts were:
- 2,000 cats neutered since we became Feral Fixers!
- 1,000 cats neutered between January and December!
- Over 600 cats have been deemed friendly and found homes - with their caretakers, thru adoptions by shelters, word-of-mouth – when these cats want a home, they find it!
- We have assisted over 400 colonies in DuPage County!
- We established working relationships with two more municipalities and, coming in February, Elmhurst will announce their endorsement of TNR in their town!
- We’ve had good press, even been on the radio and our name is recommended by shelters, veterinarians, police departments and animal controls more often than we can cope with!
2010 has been a year filled with so many achievements, whether it was the sheer numbers of cats that we helped, the people who were assisted that were desperate before they found us, or the individual cats that had their lives changed for the better because we were involved.
We say this as often as we possibly can, we could not do what we do without the support of you, the individual who is reading this newsletter. You have sought us out, continue to help us, continue to promote TNR and we will once again have another successful year in 2011!
Go-To Guys for Ferals
We have become the resource for all feral needs – evidenced by the number of calls we have received regarding feral cat injuries, conflicts, general questions. In regards to the feral cat injuries, they have been as simple as upper respiratory infections and as difficult as abscesses that required vet care and daily dressing changes. While taking a toll on our finances, all of these cats had value and their needs could not be ignored. We will be having a fundraiser in the near future, especially for situations like this, so that finances will not be the major factor in determining how much we can do for an individual cat. We cannot express how much we appreciate the assistance that PAWS Chicago, Glen Ellyn Animal Hospital, Wheaton Animal Hospital and Carriage Animal Clinic have given us over the past year!
Sweet Tomatoes for your Sweetie!
Our next Sweet Tomatoes Funraiser is on February 8th at the Lombard location – 2820 Highland Ave., Lombard. We receive 15% of your total bill, you eat tasty food, what better early Valentine’s! Download/copy a flyer, share it with friends, present it upon arrival that evening and enjoy!
Sunday, January 16th is an opportunity for you to come visit with us, tell us your stories and share your experiences with others who care for feral cats or just cats in general. We will be having our third Frosty Claws at the Villa Park VFW Post #2801, 39 E St.Charles Rd, Villa Park, from 1 – 4 PM. Come enjoy warm beverages, baked goods, music, silent auction items, raffles, our boutique and just a general good time! Pre-register with a coupon in the newsletter or with PayPal on our website, or come that day! Donations of our wish list items will be gratefully accepted. We’d love to see you and hear how things have been for you this past year!